kxmlgui shortcuts regression

Nick Shaforostoff shaforostoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:54:50 BST 2008

Thank you for the fix.

>> -I use KXmlGuiWindow::guiFactory()->addClient() and removeClient() to
>> embed other KXmlGuiWindows,
>> and when I change shortcuts for actions from subKXmlGuiWindows:

>Could you please give a use case? I have no idea what you are talking about.
>But perhaps david can help you as in "know that beast kxmlguiclient".

See screenshot at
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdesdk/lokalize/glossary.html
Lokalize has tabs for editors (that's one guiFactory) and for Project
Overview, with translation file tree (that's another one guiFactory),
and from today - Search tab (third guiFactory). Also Lokalize has main
guiFactory - with general actions like project settings, fileopen and
so one.
I use QMdiArea and dynamically switch factories in slotSubWindowActivated()
(see http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdesdk/lokalize/src/lokalizemainwindow.cpp#211
)

Steps to reproduce bug: when the editor tab is open, go 'Configure
shortcuts', change (or define) shortcut for action implemented by
child guifactory (for example 'Open file for sync/merge'), then go to
another tab and back - the changes are lost (for the current run), but
they will be seen after app restart.

p.s. sorry for my english