sharing KDE/kdelibs/kio/tests/

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 19 23:21:12 BST 2008

On Saturday 30 August 2008, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm porting the jstream:// kio slave to KDE4 and would like to have a
> nice test suite.
> I gather from http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/tests/CMakeLists.txt
> that we have something like this already.
> Would it make sense to document this can install the tests as a shared
> lib for reuse by kioslaves outside of kdelibs.
> We could add a note to the effect of: It's no kioslave until it passes
> these tests.

The current unit tests are not portable to other kioslaves.
Only kioslavetest can be used with any ioslave, but well, it's just a GUI test app, no automated checking.
IIRC you said on irc that you were thinking of a generic kioslave tester,
that sounds like a good idea, although I wonder how generic it can really be,
given the amount of different kinds of ioslaves that exist.