KConfigSkeleton and writing defaults..

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 19 22:54:27 BST 2008

On Thursday 18 September 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> any useful ramifications of not writing out the defaults as defined in the
> KConfigSkeleton object

Yes. The whole point of not writing out a default value, is that you can
change that default value later on (e.g. by upgrading your application,
or by changing a KDE-wide setting), and it will have an effect on all those
instances where the default value was still used.

I think this has been the first use of revertToDefault: toolbar icon size.
If you change your toolbar icon size globally in KDE, then you expect
all normal-sized icons to scale up; not "only those for which I haven't
changed the size one day 5 years ago, and then I changed it back to
the default".