kxmlgui shortcuts regression

Nick Shaforostoff shaforostoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:56:24 BST 2008

Hi.

Shortcuts specified using QAction::setShortcut() (before calling
createGUI()/setupGUI()) stopped being respected:
actions show w/o any shortcut in application now. I saw this in
Lokalize and Gwenview.
Currently, only kstandardactions have shortcuts be default.

Also, while I'm on this topic, I'd like to complain:
-If I change shortcut for some action from default to any other
(currently this is possibly only for kstandardaction -- see above),
then change it back to default not by selecting 'Default', but by
typing it, then
the 'Custom' field gets autocleared, although it stays selected
(while obvious behaviour would be to autoselect 'Default')
-I use KXmlGuiWindow::guiFactory()->addClient() and removeClient() to
embed other KXmlGuiWindows,
and when I change shortcuts for actions from subKXmlGuiWindows:
--currently: shortcuts stop being effective
--previous behaviour: changes get applied only after restart.