External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 18 22:11:23 BST 2008

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> While we know this doesn't always happen, it's better IMO to have a
>> committed build error (that in theory is quickly fixed) than long-lived
>> bitrot that compounds the problem later on.
>
> I agree with that.
>
> Which is why a library is preferred.
>
> Also, like I said, Git supports the concept of external code being pulled
> it. It just has to be a complete project.

I think oxygen could live with that. Does this happen automagically the
way svn:externals does?

For that matter, I wish git would support partial checkouts, at least
the kind that pick one directory deeper into the tree... (I can somewhat
understand not having the granularity of perforce where you can pick
certain files, or even /exclude/ certain files, though I have to admit
that such granularity can be quite nice at times.)

--
Matthew
ENOCOFFEE: operator suffering from lack of sleep and/or early-morning-itis