External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 18 20:14:40 BST 2008

On 18.09.08 16:55:13, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008 09:11:27 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > It's just like bison: imagine you have the .y source file and you commit
> > > the generated .cpp file. But that .cpp file requires headers from bison.
> >
> > The headers are also generated by bison. Which is different that the
> > above case, where the memory-pool headers are independent of the
> > generated code. And no, I won't copy the code around as its already 3
> > places thats using that code (IIRC). Thats called a maintenance
> > nightmare.
>
> Agreed. They should be installed, because svn:externals are a maintenance
> nightmare.

So far I don't see the maintenance nightmare with svn:externals - except
that git doesn't support them, which can be solved on the git side.

Anyway, KDevelop won't force people to build playground software before
building kdevelop, so a hard dependency on kdevelop-pg-qt is not going
to happen.

Andreas

--
Future looks spotty.  You will spill soup in late evening.