External SVN item in kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/services/queryservice/lib

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Sep 17 23:02:57 BST 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>How do you suggest to solve the following:
>
>- a widget class thats not exported because its in kdelibs/kate and its
>  not ready to be exposed (as in kate devs and our developer that works
>  on it are not ready to guarantee BC. But the same widget is needed
>  for a plugin in kdevplatform.

Copy the file and fork the class.

If it's not ready to be exposed, it'll probably change heavily. That means
it could break the other application at any moment. The developers of
said class do not necessarily know who is using them.

The copying can be done again if a new version of the class improves
functionality, after compatibility has been verified.

>- a code-generator provides a memory pool for the AST nodes, but
>  kdevelop doesn't want to force everybody to compile that
>  playground-generator. So it includes pre-generated code, but still
>  needs the headers for the memory pool. Copying the headers would
>  mean real code-duplication, so its an external. OTOH the generator
>  should not depend on kdevelop.

Copy the files.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358