File dialog layout

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Fri Sep 12 23:44:10 BST 2008

I am attaching here a screen shot of the new file dialog for RTL environments,
and I would like to modify something:

The back and forward buttons are on the right side of the dialog, but most of
the time the user will have the mouse cursor on the left of the dialog since
it's the flow direction of the file/directory widget (I forced it to be LTR a
few weeks). I would like the back/forward/up toolbar move to the left of the
dialog, just like in LTR desktops.

Can anyone comment on this ideal? If you do merge those two toolbars, can you
test the dialog in RTL mode? (or ping me to test it?)