KXMLGuiClient doesn't except empty strings as xml files anymore

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 19:30:49 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this worked at some point, but unfortunately doesn't work
anymore now. When calling KXMLGuiClient::setXMLFile with QString() I get a
QASSERT from setDOMDocument because the QDomDocument is empty. When trying to
change that by reverting r858664 I trigger the kfatal in setXML.

The problem I have with this is that I've got a unit-test which basically
doesn't need any GUI, but unfortunately the framework forces me to have one.
Thus a mainwindow is created and setXMLFile is called.

Looking through the svn logs I'm seeing this comment from Rafael:
Let apps that are not providing their own rc file use the ui_standards.rc and do not assert
here. It should be fine. This makes the xmlgui first tutorial to don't crash, what also is
fine.

Which leads me to assume that it should actually be possible to call setXMLFile
without proper file, or is that meant to handle the case when setXMLFile is not
called at all?

Andreas

--
You will not be elected to public office this year.