Unable to compile kdelibs

Julien Richard-Foy julien.rf at no-log.org
Fri Sep 12 15:27:25 BST 2008

I'm sorry if it's not the right place for my request, but I didn't find another
place for such things (I don't think bugs.kde.org would be appropriate since
it's most probably a mistake of my own).

I can't compile kdelibs, I followed the tutorial here :
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

I installed automoc4 from kdesupport, everything was ok :
$ which automoc4
/home/devel/kde/bin/automoc4
$ automoc4 --version
automoc4 0.9.87

But when I enter the cmakekde command in the src/KDE/kdelibs directory that's
what I get :
$ cmakekde
-- Found Qt-Version 4.4.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:319 (message):
  Your version of automoc4 is too old.  You have 0.9.84, you need at least
  0.9.87

Indeed, I have the automoc4 v0.9.84 through a debian package, but why is it
not overrided by the version I compiled myself ?

Julien Richard-Foy