Change release schedule 4.2 and schedule for 4.3

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 20:44:28 BST 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 20:08:50 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> of course, the release team has already changed that with a non 6 month
> period for 4.2. so there is obviously flexibility. it's just a question if
> whether being flexible because of the timing of Akademy is more or less
> useful and important than current schedules projects such as PIM and Plasma
> have already lid out and taking advantage of Qt 4.5.

I agree on the whole mail, and on this part I have to comment that if we're
going to switch to git by March/April (and count me in to make this migration
happen) and we can implement the always-autumn-in-trunk plan, we can have, as
sebas puts it, both the cake and eat it. Plasma and PIM will be able to use
4.5 and people will be able to hack like crazy on new features; no matter when
Akademy happens.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--