Fwd: Community patches and bugfixes to Qt?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Sep 7 11:56:16 BST 2008

On Saturday 06 September 2008, Knut Yrvin wrote:
> Sebastian Kügler suggested to forward this message to core-devel :)
---
> So the suggestion is to make it possible to submitt patches to Qt. This
> has to be handles with the propper copyright assignment and a way of
> handling privacy issues. Some companies will not revile what thy are
> working on. There are individual Qt developers who will stay anonymous
> for different reasons. It seems that we can cover all those concerns.

this is how eCosCentric (http://www.ecoscentric.com) handled copyright
assignments if you submitted a significant patch for inclusion in eCos (a
free RTOS):
http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html

If you are working in a company, your boss had to sing it, if you're working
on your own, you sign it.

It's a bit tedious, but I think something similar should also be possible for
Qt.

Alex