Moving PowerDevil to kdereview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Sep 6 18:37:14 BST 2008

Hello,

Just a quick reply before I disappear again off the intertubes... I'm not even
supposed to have DSL right now, miracles happen sometimes. :-)

Le Wednesday 03 September 2008, Sebastian Kügler a écrit :
> On Friday 29 August 2008 19:45:42 Dario Freddi wrote:
> > I am writing this mail to inform you I have moved PowerDevil from
> > playground/utils to kdereview. PowerDevil is a Power Management system
> > for KDE4.
> >
> > PowerDevil's aim is to be lightweight, feature-full, configurable, based
> > on Solid only and fully integrated with the Desktop Environment. It is
> > splitted into various components, a KDED module, a KCModule, a KRunner, a
> > Plasma Engine and a Plasma Applet.
>
> That's actually the design we (Kevin, Jonathan, ...) had talked about at
> Akademy 2007 in Glasgow. Thanks for implementing it. I think the overall
> design is really sane that way. :)

An my reaction is: AT LAST!

Now I need more time to take a look at it, it's definitely on my list to
review when I'll be back... It'll be after the legal 2 weeks period, but from
the discussions in this thread it probably has no major issue.

Also I'm wondering "why kdeutils?", at least some bits of it could/should go
in kdebase/runtime or kdebase/workspace IMO. I'll have to take a closer look
at it to make up my mind there.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."