Moving PowerDevil to kdereview

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 4 23:18:33 BST 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi,

> > E.g. I only own a laptop, and when having visitors who want to share it,
> > they get an account of their own due to (my) privacy. And I almost never
> > logout, hurra to working suspend and session-switching.
>
> I'm not quite with you here. We should optimize for the common usecase, and
> that's a single user on a laptop machine,

Optimizing for the common use case - yes, of course. But this shouldn't
mean "breaking" not so common use cases.

On Thursday 04 September 2008, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> So imagine two users logged in, Sue and Bo. Bo was surfing before, has the
> (her) demon configured to  suspendToDisk() on lidclose. Sue configured the
> (her) demon to lockScreen() on lidclose, because she is going to compile
> something. Sue kicks off the compile and closes the lid -> Sue's demon
> locks the screen, but Bo's demon suspends -> Sue will be happy... not.

How should it behave ?
Suspend includes locking the screen, doesn't it ?
If that's the case, I think the example would still be ok, both will find the
screen locked. Sue compile job was canceled, which is unfortunate, but no
catastrophe. I think this is something we can lie with (Bo could also just
shut the machine down, can't he ?)

Alex