[patch] kdm background to all screens

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 23:04:47 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 01:56:45PM +0300, Petri Damstén wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 23:18:49 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > just replicating the background is not a good solution. the theme
> > should be able to specify alternative backgrounds for secondary
> > screens.
>
> Here's updated patch that adds screen attribute to item in theme,
> which can be 'all' or a screen number (default is 0).

that's better. :-)
but not good enough. :-P
i don't think it makes too much sense to specify specific screens (the
meaning of the number is pretty opaque to the theme, which should be
designed generically). i guess the attribute should accept "greeter",
"other" and "all" instead. "greeter" would correspond to the screen
the greeter is painted on (which happens to be the primary screen
configured in xorg.conf as of now - but it should respect the
GreeterScreen setting instead), "other" would be all other screens.
i *think* the default should automatically change from "greeter" to
"all" for nodes marked as "background", but i'm not sure.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.