Tagging kdesupport projects

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Sep 2 17:45:37 BST 2008

On Tuesday 2 September 2008 15:00, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> On Monday 01 September 2008 23:26:32 Harri Porten wrote:

>> It
>> libstdc++,
>> be
>> >
>> > I don't get the problem. It is so simple: on mondays it is possible
>> that
>> > stuff breaks. thus, when it does, simply update kdesupport to trunk
>> and
>> > keep on. You need to do the exact same thing with kdelibs. There are
>> no
>> > multiple branches you need to choose from. There is trunk for bleeding
>> > edge developers and there are the releases in case you are an app
>> > developer who "only" needs KDE 4.0 or 4.1.
>>
>> So for trunk development I get to use Subversion (and update weekly) but
>> for KDE 4.1.x development I can download a tar.gz file and compile that?
>> And if there's a bugfix release there's a new package to download? Or
>> are
>> there appropriate branches I can use? Which ones? How are they named?
>> Differently per sub-dir?
>
> It is a NORMALLY released package. Of course there are bugfix releases.
> They
> are announced like any other package is. I don't get your problems. Check
> the
> homepage, use the distribution provided packages. You don't have a problem
> with all the other kde dependencies. Why with kdesupport. Stop this
> useless thread!

This isn't a useless thread! It might be obvious to you as a maintainer of
a kdesupport packages where to go to get the correct version for KDE
4.1.x, but it isn't necessarily obvious to others. Harri's questions
echoed those which I had.

Do all kdesupport packages have homepages (I doubt if automoc4 does, for
example)? Distros may not provide a recent enough release of all the
packages, but it is presumably possible to get them from KDE SVN. But
where in SVN, and which release is needed? These are questions whose
answers should be on the release requirements web page.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.