Encoding problem in the file ioslave

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Sep 2 06:44:21 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:27:36AM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> QFile won't let you because there's no way you can represent a broken
> encoding in QString.

how about it encoding illegal chars? some high-up, super-unlikely
unicode char (22C7 certainly qualifies :D) followed by the hex-encoded
byte value (or the char again to quote itself). that would break only if
somebody directly c&p'd such a string from/to non-qt applications, which
should be permissible for that broken case.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.