Can't build strigi

Qlands cquiros at qlands.com
Fri Oct 17 14:45:57 BST 2008

This is a late post for this messages but I had the same problem with strigi
in Slackware 12

The strigi configuration file that checks for iconv sets this library as
c.so and not libiconv.so therefore the error.

I overcome the problem by editing the file:
kdesupport/strigi/cmake/FindIconv.cmake and adding the lines:

set (ICONV_INCLUDE_DIR "/usr/local/include")
set (ICONV_LIBRARIES "/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so")

after the function FIND_LIBRARY(ICONV_LIBRARIES NAMES iconv libiconv c)

I am using iconv 1.12.

Also check if the file kdesupport/strigi/cmake/FindLibXml2.cmake is setting
the libraries and includes to the proper directory.

QLands.