Soprano cmake issue

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 18 23:17:35 BST 2008

On 18.10.08 18:26:02, Josef Spillner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering about an issue I've had today with the cmake module of
> libsoprano. The standard macro find_path() is used to search for it. However,
> find_path() looks into system directories by default, and only considers the
> arguments to PATH after that [0].

I guess you mean PATHS here. PATH is a well-known environment variable ;)

> Which means that an older soprano version
> in /usr is preferred to the one from kdesupport which I've installed into my
> KDE4 prefix.
> The attached patch works for me, though I'm sure it shouldn't be necessary to
> add NO_CMAKE_SYSTEM_PATH by hand.

That can only be fixed properly with CMake 2.6.2, which allows to set
HINTS-paths that are checked before standard system paths. The workaround
with cmake 2.6.0/1 is to do 2 find_path's, the first with the
NO_CMAKE_SYSTEM_PATH but PATHS parameter, the second without
NO_CMAKE_SYSTEM_PATH and hence also searching /usr&co.

As requiring cmake 2.6 is probably still a month or two away I think your
change for this should go in now.

Andreas

--
You had some happiness once, but your parents moved away, and you had to
leave it behind.