Res: KPackageKit

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Fri Oct 17 15:56:21 BST 2008

Am Freitag 17 Oktober 2008 15:32:54 schrieb dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br:
> >Hey guys!
> >Well where do u want to move it to at the end? extragear or kdeutils or
> > ...? At the moment Shaman is idling, sadly, since drf__ and me don't have
> > much time. I will definitely go back working on it when I have enough
> > time (probably inside the Hard-Feature-Freeze ;))...
>
> Hey Lukas,
> well i'm not sure where is the best place for it,
> i think it all depends on how kde will think of
> packagekit project, cause in kdeutils i think this
> will become a dependency, as KPackage depends on SMART,
> the good thing is that there is binary dependency
> since it works through dbus.
Yeah, it's not a Compile-Dependency so should make no problems. Probably you
can do some Error-Screen if the DBus-Inteface is not available.
> BUT i'm no expert in  choosing any of those places,
> i'd just like to get it in, so i could finally create
> that thing in kickoff, which imho happens to create
> a dependency since context menu are hard coded afaik.
Yeah, but can probably do the context-menu only if some dbus-interface is
available or sth like that ;)

> Btw, i still think shaman should use qpackagekit
> to support packagekit, the work is already done.
> in that way i think you'd also be ready sooner.
> (of course i don't know if the missing things
> are those regarding that plugin you told me..)
Yop, I will try to do something like that soon, just want to complete the core
and scripting stuff first ;)

Lukas