problems compiling kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Oct 13 23:40:47 BST 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> (Moving to kde-core-devel as I think that's where this belongs)
>
> Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > Edwin Schepers wrote:
> >> /install/kde4/kdelibs/kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/dummyanalyzers.cpp:44:
> >> error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual char
> >> DummyEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&,
> >> Strigi::InputStream*)’
> >>
> >> /opt/kde4/include/strigi/streamendanalyzer.h:37: error: overriding
> >> ‘virtual signed char
> >> Strigi::StreamEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&,
> >> Strigi::InputStream*)’
> >
> > I had a similar problem, found a work around and then forgot all about
> > it. Strigi is detected in two ways. First is via pkgconfig, the result
> > of which is only used for the version check. Second is some other method
> > (which I don't recall right now) which is then used for path
> > assignments. On my system, pkgconfig was finding the locally compiled
> > version whereas the second method was finding the distro-installed
> > binaries. I worked around it by setting all three vars below.
> >
> > export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> > export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=$KDEDIR/include
> > export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib

We require cmake 2.6.0 now, and this supports the environment variable
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, which will be used when searching for libs, header and
executables.
So instead of having to set CMAKE_(INCLUDE|LIBRARY)_PATH individually, it is
enough if you only set
export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$KDEDIR

lib/, include/ and bin/ will be appended appropriately.

Alex