Trunk build problems

Hasso Tepper hasso at kde.org
Fri Oct 10 12:05:58 BST 2008

After long pause I'm trying to build KDE4 in DragonFly platform again.
As I'm not feeling myself home yet in cmake, I'll ask before committing.

* Cmake in kdesupport:

CMake Error at phonon/cmake/FindGLIB2.cmake:28 (get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component unknown component intl
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  phonon/cmake/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:19 (FIND_PACKAGE)
  phonon/gstreamer/ConfigureChecks.cmake:22 (macro_optional_find_package)
  phonon/gstreamer/CMakeLists.txt:17 (include)

  The kdesupport-phonon.diff fixes it for me. Is it correct?

* libdl.so doesn't exist in every platform (only in Linux and Solaris?),
  but it is used unconditionally in some places in the kdebase. The
  kdebase-dl_library.diff fixes the problems for me. Some comments
  elsewhere made me believe that order of libraries is important at least
  in Linux in case of opengl libraries, so I preserved the order of
  libraries - therefore the diff might be more complicated than it should
  be.

* kdebase-dpms.diff should be trivial (why I don't have DPMS is a topic of
  local investigation).

* workspace/kwin/composite.cpp doesn't compile if HAVE_XCOMPOSITE isn't
  defined. Again "why?" is a topic of local investigation, but it should
  be fixed regardless of that:

  [ 55%] Building CXX object
  workspace/kwin/CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kwin.dir/composite.o
  /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/composite.cpp: In
  member function 'bool KWin::Toplevel::updateUnredirectedState()':
  /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/composite.cpp:834:
  error: 'CompositeRedirectManual' was not declared in this scope
  /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/composite.cpp:834:
  error: 'XCompositeUnredirectWindow' was not declared in this scope
  /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/composite.cpp:841:
  error: 'CompositeRedirectManual' was not declared in this scope
  /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/composite.cpp:841:
  error: 'XCompositeRedirectWindow' was not declared in this scope
  *** Error code 1

  The kdebase-composite.diff fixes the problem for me, but I don't
  understand the code well enough to decide how much code should be
  ifdef'ed.

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper