Patch for KShortcutsEditor and KXMLGui

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Oct 8 09:03:57 BST 2008

On 08.10.08 01:26:23, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > kate-app plugins all use the KGenericFactory and K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY
> > macro, which I think is deprecated nowadays in favor of
> > KPluginLoad+KPluginFactory. But I can't find any evidence of that right
> > now, except a deprecation of KGenericFactory and the KLibFactory class
> > (which are related).
>
> Well, KGenericFactory is deprecated indeed;
> K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY is not, it returns a KPluginFactory :)
>
> For an example of before and after, see klibloadertest_module.cpp
> and klibloadertest4_module.cpp in kdelibs/kdecore/tests/

The 4-version doesn't use K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY, it uses
K_PLUGIN_FACTORY and K_EXPORT_PLUGIN. However I can see what you mean from
the definition of the K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY.

Anyway, kate-app plugins still use KGenericFactory and hence should be
changed.

Andreas

--
Is this really happening?