./configure -no-exceptions recommended in qt-copy

Fred Emmott fred.emmott at mendeley.com
Fri Oct 3 13:48:29 BST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 13:23:07 David Faure wrote:
> Thiago skipped this part in his reply, which is the most important IMHO.
> *IF* any KDE application wants to start using QtXmlPatterns, then it seems
> we have to get rid of -no-exceptions in our qt-copy instructions.
> So that's the real question. I assume you're asking because you have a
> need for it in KDE code?

Actually, it's non-KDE Qt code I'm working on; it does however mean that if
packagers follow the recommendations in README.qt-copy (excluding the obvious
-debug), will (and do) make packages that don't work with qt apps that say
"need qt 4.n or above" even though they have qt 4.n.

Additionally, if as Thiago says, packagers build all of Qt (including
xmlpatterns, assuming then without no-exceptions), then this means that users
are being given a rather different Qt build to that which developers use
(assuming developers follow README.qt-copy).

Regards,

--
Fred Emmott