freedesktop.org single sign-on project

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Fri Oct 3 11:11:41 BST 2008

Michael Leupold wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>>> According to configure.in it looks for:
>>> - glib (gthread, gobject, gio)
>>>
>> gio? hm. i wonder if that's for the UI bit or if it actually uses it for
>> the daemon ...
>>

> A quick grep suggests that GIO is used in parts of the daemon, mainly
> GIOChannel for abstracting pipes and sockets (as used eg. in the pkcs#11
> part).

GIOChannel is an old API inside libglib. It's not related to the new
libgio (quite confusing).

Searching the sources, libgio seems to be used in the gp11 module only,
and just for GCancellable and GAsyncReadyCallback - no GIO/GFile
operations are used. As libgio ships with the glib package anyway and
doesn't depend on GVFS, no big deal i guess.

>>> - gconf
>>>
>> this should be avoided; i wonder if it's required by the GUI or the daemon?

gconf seems to be used to enable/disable certain daemon components (like
ssh,keyring,pkcs11) -> see gkr-daemon.c

As this configuration is only read when the deamon is started, it's
problably not hard to move it to a plain config file in
$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/$XDG_CONFIG_HOME.

Regards,
Norbert