Completion of error handling

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Mon Nov 24 21:49:43 GMT 2008

Pino Toscano schrieb:
> AspectC++ is buggy and generally far from being reliable, and generally a mess
> to be included in the build process (all comes from direct experience).

I find your feedback interesting. Have you performed any experiments
with this tool already?

> Without taking into account that it has no releases since more than 2 years
> and half(and the latest release is not a stable one, but a release candidate).

Can we promote further improvements for this software so that it will
become more stable?
http://aspectc.org/pipermail/aspectc-user/

> Forget about aspect programming in KDE, at least for now, and try to propose
> also non-academic solutions.

I would like to move this design and software development methodology
into mainstream applications.

The use case that is described in a related article section "A Reusable
Aspect for Memory Allocation Checking" by Michael Gong, Vinod Muthusamy
and Hans-Arno Jacobsen does not look academic to me.
http://research.msrg.utoronto.ca/ACC/Tutorial#A_Reusable_Aspect_for_Memory_All

I see various pointcuts that will make sense to encapsulate
cross-cutting concerns.

Regards,
Markus