update the feature plan!

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 18 17:40:34 GMT 2008

Howdy, (Allen style)

Now we're in feature-freeze, I'm trying to work out what went into KDE 4.2 and
what didn't make it. First impression: It's HUGE. Really. We're looking at a
very solid and vastly improved KDE 4.2. From my personal experience, it's
already pretty stable even. With two months of solid bugfixing ahead of us,
and a new bugzilla making it much, much easier to deal with bugreports, I'm
confident we can make KDE 4.2 a very smooth release.

To prepare the release notes, and to give users and the press exact
information about the changes, it's important to have an up to date feature
list. On the one hand, we don't want to announce stuff that didn't make it
into 4.2 in the end, on the other hand we surely don't want to miss your work
in the changelog and feature lists for 4.2.

Please update the feature plan on techbase, change status of changes you're
assigned to, or where you're confident enough to update it.

         http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Feature_Plan

Thanks for your help,
--
sebas