move QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath call from KApplication to KComponentData

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Mon Nov 10 09:05:30 GMT 2008

Hi,

please review the attached patch. It makes the first KCD ensure that Qt knows
about KDE's Qt plugin paths. This is necessary for non-KDE sessions where a
KDE application that is not using KApplication is started.

On that topic: I recently fixed krdb.cpp to stop filling up
~/.config/Trolltech.conf qt/4.4/libraryPath with lots of path entries. Most of
you will probably have a lot of duplicate or wrong entries in there (as I
had). This hurts application startup time (for all Qt apps) and can lead to
Because of the bug we had in krdb.cpp I think we should do a on-time cleaning
of that config entry with a kconf_update thingy. What do you think?

http://Vir.homelinux.org/