[patch / string change] make kmail's account dialog fit on the screen.

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri May 30 13:34:31 BST 2008

Szymon Stefanek wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2008, Thomas McGuire wrote:
>
>> On Friday 23 May 2008 16:28:11 Scott Wheeler wrote:
>>
>>> The current KMail IMAP account dialog is too big to fit on my laptop's
>>> 13" screen.  This patch splits the options out into two columns.
>>> [...]
>>>
>> Yes, I object. The layout is broken now, see the attached screenshot.
>> [...]
>>

> I suggest splitting the first tab in two.
>
> Say, "general" and "extras" or "general" and "advanced"...

I thought about that, but ended it up doing it this way hoping to get
something that wasn't terribly invasive in hopes of getting it into the
next release.  I'll try to find some time to take another swing at it
this weekend.  I agree that this should all eventually be ripped out and
moved over to .ui files, but figured that was more than would make it
into 4.1.

-Scott