the right home for Phonon

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu May 29 18:06:40 BST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> I don't like a branches/.../trunk. Then I'd rather use trunk/phonon.

Well trunk was a bad name, call it phonon-4.3 ;-)

> svn co $KDESVN/branches/phonon/4.2 phonon
> and install that.

Yes, so I was told. But how is everyone else compiling kde trunk (and not moaning here or on irc like I do)
supposed to know this? I keep seeing people on irc who are just as confused as I was about how to
get stuff to compile.
We need at least:
1) a configure check with macro_log_feature that says so, and
2) a wiki page that lists all requirements for compiling kde trunk.

My error was that I didn't notice the -no-phonon in README.qt-copy though, so obviously
the fact that qt's phonon shouldn't be used for kde is already documented (at least for developers).