Width of find/replace dialog in KWrite/Kate

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed May 28 11:11:20 BST 2008

> [: Aurélien Gâteau :]
> Maybe you can move the four checkboxes on the right in a new row below the
> lineedits. Something like this:
> [...]
> Replace: [______________________] [REPLACE] [REPLACE ALL]

That will still depend very much on the width of those buttons. Here's
minimum-width Greek dialog with such layout:

  http://caslav.gmxhome.de/image/kde4-searchbarpower-03-el.png

> [x] Highlight all [x] Match case [ ] From cursor [ ] Selection only

I think I read somewhere it is not good for usability to order radio/check
boxes horizontaly, as it makes it harder to see which text binds to which
box. And it can look very uneven when streched, as on the Greek screenshot
above.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)