Idea: SkipDirtyOnIdenticalValues WriteConfigFlag for KConfigBase / KConfig

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat May 24 14:08:57 BST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 08:26:09PM +0200, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> > the hard part is finding out whether the entry map was actually
> > modified or not - its api does not provide that comfort currently.
> > [...]
>
> The optimization of cheking if the entry already existed is not done
> by KConfigGroup::hasKey() either so I haven't done it, I actually
> think it's too much but if anyone wants, feel free to do it =) Else..
> should I commit?

i didn't write half an essay without a reason. ;)
as is, the code is just wrong - it will not write a config when the
set value is the same as the default, while it should write the value
explicitly so the effective config does not change when the default
changes.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.