KDE4Daily - opt out, here!

Simon St James simon at etotheipiplusone.com
Wed May 21 19:07:01 BST 2008

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get KDE4Daily 4.1 running soon (although there are currently
some visual corruption issues that might end up rendering this impossible :
( ), and I thought I'd better ask people if they would prefer not to have
their apps/ modules included this time around.

Info on the project, from last time:

http://dot.kde.org/1195829316/

Basically, KDE4Daily is a Qemu image based on Kubuntu 8.04 containing a wide
selection of modules from KDE4 trunk, with updates to all modules provided
(usually) daily and a system for providing usable backtraces should an app
crash.  The exact modules I'm planning on including this time around are as
follows:

qt-copy
kdesupport
kdelibs
kdepimlibs
kdebase
kdeutils
kdegames
ktorrent
kdenetwork
kdeedu
kdegraphics
kdesdk
kdepim
koffice
plasma

Differences from last time are the inclusion of kdepim, kdeutils and ktorrent,
and the current decision not to ship plasma-playground or plasma-extragear.
kdemultimedia maintainers requested that kdemultimedia not be included last
time, and I'm assuming this is still the case (multimedia apps tend not to
run too well in a VM!).

Let me know if anyone has any objections to this line up! I'm subscribed to
kde-core and can be found on IRC as SSJ_GZ.

Best Wishes,
Simon