PATCH for review: KIO::AuthInfo, KPasswordDialog and KPasswdServer - Extra fields and anonymous login

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Sun May 18 18:14:00 BST 2008

nf2 wrote:
> This patch extends KIO::AuthInfo and KPasswordDialog:
>
> KIO::AuthInfo:
>
> * Extra fields (like "domain"), stored as a map of QVariants
> * Anonymous login flag
> * Flag to suppress password caching in KPasswdServer
>
> KPasswordDialog:
>
> * Optional domain field
> * Optional "anonymous login" checkbox
>
> Additionally i did some refactoring of KPasswdServer
>
> * Renamed struct AuthInfo into struct AuthInfoContainer, for better
> readability.
> * KIO::AuthInfo inside this struct, instead of cloning all the fields
> one by one.
>
> Regards,
> Norbert

Here is an updated set of the patches for kdelibs and kdebase.

I have streamlined the extensions of the KIO::AuthInfo API:

* The flag to enable the anonymous login checkbox is stored as
KIO::AuthInfo Extra-Field as well.
* The flag to bypass KPasswdServers caching and Kwallet is a "hidden
feature" for now (just set the extra-field "bypass-cache-and-kwallet" to
true), because i'm not sure yet, where this flag should be set: An
additional method in AuthInfo - or by overloading
SlaveBase::openPasswordDialog()?

Could someone please have a quick look at it - particularly the
KIO::AuthInfo API changes? Because of the feature-freeze i'm afraid i
have to commit it tonight. :-)

Regards,
Norbert