multitouch events

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Sat May 10 10:27:12 BST 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 10 May 2008 04:38:42 pm Percy Camilo TriveƱo Aucahuasi wrote:
> > >There you go:
> > >http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mpx_master&num=1
> >
> > I remenber that some time ago saw some video/demo of MPX. I think that
> this
> > tecnology is similar to microsoft surface. It would be really great that
> > KDE had this feature.
> This is why you should have come to linux.conf.au!
> See http://linux.conf.au/programme/detail?TalkID=88 for the plan, and
>
> http://mirror.linux.org.au/pub/linux.conf.au/2008/slides/088-redefining_input_in_X.pdf
> for the slides.

Basically, it is a 2 years old (stable and proven) implementation of all the
low level technologies I would need.
Thanks a lot for the links.
This will make the whole thing MUCH more easier to implement.
Then, a good general plan can be:

- Create QBlobEvent/KBlobEvent from X blobevents
- Create a library that taking Q/KBlobEvent generate KGestureEvent
- Send all the new events to the applications.
- Modify KActions to make them use KGestureEvents

Anyway, it seems that so far the blob events is not in the X server, will
not immediately enter official X repository. So I will start playing with
libtouch/MPX server instead.

I'll try to go to the LinuxConf next year... :P

--
Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST