KIO fixes in kdelibs and kdebase

Vlad vladc6 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 04:28:13 BST 2008

--- David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Vlad wrote:
> > respect_copyjob_permissions.diff:
> > - Fix KIO::file_move to respect its permissions parameter instead
> of
> > just ignoring it. KIO::file_copy already respects the
> user-specified
> > permissions.
>
> The chmod should only be done if d->m_permissions is not -1.
> The patches look fine otherwise, as far as I'm concerned.

I've changed the patch to ensure that d->m_permissions is not -1
before performing the chmod.

> A unit test for this change (in tests/jobtest.cpp) would be
> excellent :)

Sure, I'll add a unit test.

> > kdelibs_largefile.diff:
> > - Compile kdelibs with -D_LARGE_FILES instead of
> > -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, and drop the redundant
> -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
> > flag in kio.
>
> I think you meant compile with -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE instead of
> -D_LARGE_FILES :)

Correct, I misspoke in the description. The patch removes
-D_LARGE_FILES and adds -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE.

Thanks for reviewing the changes. I've committed them as revisions
805652, 805653, 805654, 805655, 805656, and 805658.

Vlad