Drop-in replacement for QFontComboBox, better previews

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Fri May 9 00:11:59 BST 2008

> [: Alex Merry :]
> Although personally, I won't be happy until the licensing issues are
> resolved.

Following my last response to Thiago, if we make that non-Latin having fonts
still display language-set preview string when one of its scripts matches
what user's language uses, and add to that possible manual input of the
preview string, I see very little need for displaying any preview at all
when neither is available (there could be a note instead, "<no support for
your language>"). It should be a very rare situation that a user needs to
see a script other than his native and Latin, and the manual input would do
when that happens.

And this would mean the helper heuristic is no longer needed.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)