multitouch events

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:42:58 BST 2008

Answering myself once more...
 It seems that several existing applications are using multitouch events
using the TUIO protocol (
http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/reacTable/pdfs/GW2005-KaltenBoverBencinaConstanza.pdf)

Also, it seems that no X support will be available, so I guess supporting
TUIO is the best choice.
I guess Trolltech has already a general development plan for 4.5, and I'm
sure some Trolltech's developers are in this list (Thiago?) ,  is multitouch
support in the list?

And my prior questions still apply, mainly summarized "if I work to make KDE
multitouch aware, it will be welcomed even if it will imply more code in
kdelibs and a right now limited audience ( although expected to grow to
millions at least in mobile platforms in next years)"
My first idea of merging that with KActions + send events to Apps is a
feasible good design?

--
Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST