Drop-in replacement for QFontComboBox, better previews

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue May 6 20:29:26 BST 2008

> [: Chusslove Illich :]
> I think it is important to have a tighter integration between font
> choosers and the particular DE. [...]

Now I've also realized that QFontComboBox scales fonts to the size of its
own font, which gives smaller previews where used in KFontAction inside a
toolbar, which has a smaller font.

So the desktop integration needs are amounting: translation of generic
names, color scheme query for sample text, preview relative to desktop font
sizes. Moreover...

> [: Chusslove Illich :]
> Then, as a next step, I've also thought of allowing the user to set the
> sample text [...]

Even for the estimated need of this feature there's an express independent
request:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=121009602404363&w=2

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)