Goya in kdereview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon May 5 23:17:34 BST 2008

Hello,

I just moved Goya to kdereview. This effort was started by Rafael, but since I
wasn't happy with the API I spent quite some time tinkering it and it's now
ready for inclusion into kdeui IMO.

It now has only one abstract abstract class named KWidgetItemDelegate allowing
to create delegates embedding widgets for user interaction. You only need to
implement two pure virtuals and the paint method to be done.

It comes with no issue spotted by krazy, with APIDOX and a small example
application. I focused on keeping the API as small as possible for future
migration path (depending on what Qt 4.5 or 4.6 might deliver, I discussed
about that with Andreas back in FISL).

Let the reviews begin, we're targetting inclusion for 4.1 (it'd make the life
easier for a few consumers like the job viewer and get hot new stuff ui).

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."