dialog

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon May 5 14:48:55 BST 2008

On Monday 05 May 2008, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I have this code in KOffice
>
>     int res = KMessageBox::warningYesNoCancel( 0L, i18n( "<p>The document
>
> Which generates the attached dialog.
> Note how the last line is actually missing, you have to scroll down to see it.
> This effectively means that most users will be answering a question that
> actually was not on screen. (we know many don't read these, how many do you
> estimate use the slider then?)
>
> I'm not sure why this design is in kde, but I think its flawed, we should
> never have a slider in such a dialog and I'd like to ask kde-core-devel to
> reconsider this behavioral change.

Well maybe if Qt didn't mess up the size of windows which have
wrapping-enabled labels, life would certainly be simpler...

But apparently the scrollbar was added for the case of very very long text,
it's obviously a bug that it shows up in your case:

r732679 | apaku | 2007-11-04 14:54:36 +0100 (Sun, 04 Nov 2007) | 5 lines

Fix the cutting of text in the message boxes by removing the somewhat broken
size-calculation code and put the text label into a qscrollarea.
From my tests this makes the dialog size-up until about 1/4th of the screen and
then adds the scrollbars as needed.