Feature suggestion: runtime check of running out of space

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 4 12:05:36 BST 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, alessandro diaferia wrote:
> Hi mailinglist, some minutes ago a guy aka spiroo in #kde-devel suggested to
> make a sort of realtime check of running out of space while kde is in use.
> Maybe this check should inform users that space is running out.

I think there's a number of GSOC proposals about diskspace checking and notification
to the user, iirc at least one was accepted.

(indeed a plasmoid is really not the best solution for this, you can't see your desktop
if you have a maximized kontact window.... One day I'll have to understand why people
want to put so much stuff on something that is almost always hidden below their windows...)