More specific KIO Error Strings

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:45:14 BST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> why does it matter to the user what the identity of the actual VFS vendor is?
> what are your exact use cases?
> (evidently i'm missing something here, because i don't see the point =
I can, because I have a suspicion what this is going to be used for.
It'll mention in the bug report/coredump/whatever what IOSlave is being
used; in the case of something like the GIOSlave Bridge, that'll allow
the developers to see if the error is in KDE or in the GIO system.  I
guess the point would be to avoid wasting people's time with bug reports
on components under someone else's control.