Kubuntu Settings in KDE

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 04:35:25 GMT 2008

On March 28, 2008 19:53:40 Gary Greene wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2008 09:34:11 am Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, that would very likely not meet Google's QA team's
> > > approval, so we have to deal with what we get.
> >
> > Sending code that is known not to work is considered better quality than
> > sending code that will?
> > Coporate policies never stop to amaze me :-/
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> This is less the matter of what works and what does not, but more so how
> many people can be allocated to maintaining support for a browser or not.
> If we were to turn on Firefox mode for Konqueror versus just plain not
> supporting it, Google'd be short changing you as well as ourselves as we

but that's just the thing: this isn't about changing modes. this is about
sending a different set of code when the user presses the "try ajaxy mode
anyways even though it isn't supported" button. there is code that will work,
and code that will not work, and right now the user gets code that does not
work when they press that button even though working code could be sent just
as easily.

*that* is what is driving me nuts here.
maybe something got lost in translation?

> Laying it out in a nutshell, my goal is to get KHTML working with Google's
> apps, not the other way around, as Google has very good (albeit, not what

that's great, I'd love to see it working *and* supported. but I still don't
understand why it can't be working and unsupported in the meantime.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com