kdereview/phonon/ds9

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 15:12:19 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 14:59:50 Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> >  We'll have to see about that. Sometimes it won't be easy to extract the
> >  patches, but we'll try.
> >
> >  Also note, however, that our developers do not try to compile parts of
> > Qt with an older Qt. We won't detect those issues.
>
> It would be nice if they did. :) Phonon-backends are basically just
> another sort of Qt application.

And just like Konqueror, they depend on the latest and greatest libraries. You
can't compile Konqueror with an older kdelibs.

This is especially true for backends: if the backend is updated to provide new
features to the frontend, the frontend has to be the latest version.

So, no, this will not change. And I cannot ask developers to build the code
with old (as in more than a day old) Qt after every change.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358