Fwd: [CMake] CMake 2.6.0 Beta ready for testing!
neundorf at kde.org
Thu Mar 27 18:57:19 GMT 2008
cmake 2.6.0beta has been released :-)
Everybody who is using cmake cvs with a version 2.5.x, please update your
cmake cvs (to 2.7) or to the 2.6 branch or just get the 2.6.0beta release.
I plan to disable support for cmake 2.5 (i.e. the development version between
2.4 and 2.6) ASAP to keep the files clean and to not have to care about bugs
or issues of temporary development versions.
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: [CMake] CMake 2.6.0 Beta ready for testing!
Date: Thursday 27 March 2008
From: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>
To: CMake <cmake at cmake.org>
I am happy to announce that CMake 2.6.0 has entered the beta stage! You
can find the source and binaries here: http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/.
I am sure I am leaving something out, but here is the list of changes
that I came up with. (If you notice something missing please let me
know and I will add it to the official release when 2.6.0 is finalized.)
Changes in CMake 2.6.0
- Documentation for all variables
- Direct CDash submit support
- Bullseye coverage support
- Use full paths for linking to libraries on all platforms. No longer
separate into -L and -l.
- Enhance the install command
- export command and ability to have imported targets
- CPack support for rpm and deb
- Cross compile support
- Introduction of the cmake_policy command
- Much better Fortran support
- Lots of bug fixes ( and most likely a few new bugs... :) )
Please try this version of CMake on your projects and report any issues
to the list or the bug tracker ( I have added a CMake-2-6 version ).
The biggest change by far is the new new cmake policies. For more
information about policies see http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Policies.
More information about the kde-core-devel