[Patch] System Settings : Improve General/Advanced tabs visibility

Nicolas Ternisien nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 01:25:51 GMT 2008

Your mail was really interested Torsten, and I would like to specify the
reason why I submit the first patch for System Settings : This is only
because, in any other places in KDE, tabs which display many important
information (not 2 or 3 useless options) are never as small as the System
Settings tabs were.

And I'm not only talking about the Advanced tab, but also about the General
tab, which was not really easy to see too.

Here is a new proposal, which follow the mockup of Michael, that I like too.
I've also _artificially_ increase the button size by adding the Settings
word for each text, which makes them more important. The other advantage of
this displaying is that even if the user is in a KCM module, it can still
see where he is, and directly switch between modules.

The font size and icons are not anymore problematic because font size is
standard, and all toolbar actions use icons.

http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/systemsettings-after3.png
http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/systemsettings-after4.png

Cheers.