Making FindBoost prefer Boost_ROOT

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 27 00:22:40 GMT 2008

(re-adding kdevelop)

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 27.03.08 00:19:57, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> On Thursday 27 March 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> I've actually had a modified version of FindBoost for quite some time,
>>> and just haven't complained about it. I do so now because kdesdk started
>>> breaking, and I accidentally clobbered the version I had previously hacked.
>>>
>>> Given the number of boost users in KDE these days, I also wonder if we
>>> shouldn't move the module to kdelibs, so other packages (pimlibs, sdk,
>>> kdevplatform) can use it without trying to maintain multiple copies.
>> Yes, I think so. But before that we should check against the current version
>> in cmake and make sure it is as similar as possible.
>
> At least the one in kdevplatform probably deviates quite a bit as it
> doesn't just search for the headers but also for the various libraries.
> Something that 2.4.x FindBoost never did. An advanced version of the
> kdevplatform one has been submitted to cmake's bug tracker but has not
> yet been integrated into 2.6. I've also got a private mail with updates
> yesterday which I need to integrate and will then post a new version to
> the bugtracker as well as into kdevplatform. I'm planning to work on
> that tomorrow.

Ok... so would anyone have an objection to moving KDE's FindBoost.cmake
to kdelibs? Any known issues that would cause? (Presumably we would
remove it when/if trunk requires a CMake version that contains all
enhancements.) That way pimlibs, pim and sdk (all of which also use
boost) will benefit from any improvements to its find behavior (and I
could remove the symlinks in those modules to the one in kdevplatform
that I currently need in order to build successfully).

--
Matthew
I'm anti-ascii. Probably because I once worked with a guy who sent EVERY