[Patch] System Settings : Improve General/Advanced tabs visibility

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Mar 26 17:41:10 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Percy Camilo TriveƱo Aucahuasi wrote:
> >Pressed tool buttons usually drawing a frame, but I forgot to add it.
> >
> >Updated mockup:
> >http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5748/systemsettings2ym9.png
>
> Nice ; ), i like it

I'm not so sure. They are toggleable and mutually exclusive like tabs, but
I'm not sure that this exclusivity will be obvious to the user. From the
appearance the user may assume that he can toggle both buttons
simultaneously.

The tabs communicated that there were two separate sets of settings/icons.
Here's a wild idea: Let's have just one set. Then toggling a single advanced
button would expand the basic set to include the advanced settings. The
advantages of this are that is simplifies the interface (just one button and
just one page) while retaining complete functionality.

--
David Johnson