Global Shortcuts

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 21:37:26 GMT 2008

On 18.03.08 20:45:15, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag 18 März 2008 17:15:25 schrieb Alex Merry:
> > But... that wouldn't work for the Kate/Kopete example given.  The Kopete
> > shortcut is a global one, stealing Kate's internal one.  You can't expect
> > the kded module to keep track of _every_ internal shortcut of _every_
> > application (what about the non-KDE applications - I don't want Kopete
> > stealing a shortcut I use in Firefox or Gobby or gvim or any of the other
> > non-KDE apps I use).
> And that is a REAL problem, as I was even myself confused this week, why my
> indent stopped working :) Seems my start of using kopete was the problem :/

Yes, but apparently nobody was interested in fixing this problem the
right way. By having policies and rules which kind of shortcuts should
be used for which actions (and thus possibly breaking some old habits).
Jakob Petsovis proposed something for that about a year ago, with almost
no responses (apart from myself).

Andreas

--
You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.